Sunday, January 16, 2011

friends or not

yesterday i did a lot of errand running....most of it i had emily and gwen with me...we got to talking about friends. actually.....it was more about the lack of close friends and the abundance of aquaintances. sometimes....when you have a lot of aquaintances it can almost be a little deceiving at times....like you've got lots of people to depend on....lots of people who care.....i appreciate how close we are as a family....and value the fact that my girls are selective about who they confide in, who they "follow", who they call their best friends....if anyone....it's bittersweet actually because i think the crap our family has been through has given each of us a unique ability to see through people. of course i'd change a lot of things if i could but i am so thankful that my kids are wise about who they call their friends.......

*note to self: don't write about friendship when you are having an emotionally down week........so glad i just deleted the paragraph i just wrote......sigh.....i guess the good weeks wouldn't be "the good weeks" without crappy weeks to compare them to??

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

Amanda Towne said...

I remember, many, many years ago, being a young bride. I had no friends to speak of (plenty of acquintances), no close friends, no "bosom" friends (as Anne of Green Gables would put it). No one to just call to chat, or drop in for a cup of tea.
And one day I went grocery shopping. At Shaw's on Route 2 (it's closing this year). And you were there. With Emily--she was just a baby, in the seat of the shopping cart.
And you stopped and talked to me. For at least 20 minutes.
I don't know if I ever told you how much that meant to me, that kindness. Thank you.

jen said...

Thanks amanda.....I guess sometimes we don't realize how much the small things matter and are remembered......

I hope you have some good "bosom" friends....