Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ice day

.....aka no school....it's always bittersweet when we have snow days because i have to say good-bye to dale. he had to leave today in the crappy weather....snow/sleet/ice mess....he had to work twenty feet up on a ladder that was set up on an icy sidewalk.
i really get angry when i realize what he's had to put up with*......i have been faithfully praying that he'd get a break, a better opportunity, a job he loves....even mildly likes at this point....why did i somehow get blessed with a job i love?

favor.....please pray for dale. maybe i'm not doing it right? cause i just don't understand why he has had to work for one loser after the next....five years running now.....check that....more than five years if i get my math right.....yep. more than five.....



*yeah.....i get angry about it. ALL of it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

4 comments:

jess said...

*sigh* My internetz are broken, so I'm on an involuntary FB hiatus. On the up side the house is amazingly clean and I made a fabulous dinner (that no one but me liked) last night. All of this to justify my commenting absence lately. :)

I'll pray for Dale. Things have to get better sometime, right? I just came across this OT verse- can't remember where- and it was something like, "It will seem like forever but it will happen in the right time so don't give up." Terrible paraphrase, it was sort of something like that though... Made me think about how it's always so damn hard waiting & I always thing, "WTH are you waiting for, Lord?!? Did you forget me?" but it's never failed that I look back and see God's perfect timing.

Also,there was something else I was going to say but I can't remember what... I think it was about friends vs acquaintances. I've lost faith in a lot of people in the last year, but you're right, it does make you more savvy about people.

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

I've been on fb hiatus too.....I have cheated a couple times and looked at the news feed on my phone.....

I love your paraphrasing of the verse....I prefer the non-high and mighty translations.....

Thanks for praying....I know your prayers will be honest and real....

Come visit soon.....I mean that....

jen said...

Ps.....I have like 30 days, or something insane like that, accrued for time off.....I could even take a day or two....